Lucas Viveiros | Report
The Toronto Maple Leafs played an uninspired brand of hockey Monday evening, dropping a 3-1 decision to the Calgary Flames.
Nazem Kadri scored in his third straight contest, but it was too little too late, as the Flames took the W with two quick third period goals 55 seconds apart.
Sean Monahan and Elias Lindholm registered the two Calgary goals at 5:39 and 6:34 of the third period respectively.
The game was a neutral zone battle, with the Flames clogging up the middle of the rink to force the Leafs pace of play down.
Leafs grinder Zach Hyman thought he had the tying goal on his stick, deflecting a point shot into the side of the night, and celebrating like he had scored in the final few minutes.
The crowd erupted, thinking the Maple Leafs had come from behind yet again to potentially force overtime.
Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for Leafs Nation, as Toronto would drop the decision by a final score of 3-1.
Revisit all of the game’s highlights below.
Next up Toronto will welcome Tyler Seguin and the Dallas Stars to Toronto on Thursday evening.
Game time is scheduled for 7:00pm from Scotiabank Arena, and can be seen on TSN4.
More news from the ice
- Auston Matthews missed his first game of the season due to his left shoulder injury he suffered vs Winnipeg on Saturday
- Nazem Kadri skated in his 500th NHL game
- Ron Hainsey will play his 1000th game vs Dallas on Thursday
- Mitch Marner has five assists in his last three games
- Defenseman Travis Dermott was a healthy scratch
Out of town scoreboard
Monday October 29
Minnesota 2 Vancouver 5
More coverage to follow. Image from SB Nation.