The Guelph-Humber Post uses a Style and Format Guide so our journalism can remain consistent.
This Format Guide compliments the Style Guide as it explains the formatting of both Website Articles and Social Media.
Leads | Bolded
- Leads are bolded.
Categories | Only one
- There must be only one category per article.
- If it is a Breaking or Developing status article, only keep Breaking for 30 minutes, and developing for 50 minutes: Max 80 minutes of either or.
- Developing comes after Breaking.
- Breaking status must go with the official Breaking image which can be reached via the Media page in the Hub.
- Developing status does not need the official Developing image, but it may be used for the duration of the Developing status.
Updated Image | Change the slug
- When the article of an image is updated, for example, from the breaking to a normal image: there should be a slight (at least, can be a major) update to the title and a change in the slug.